Evergreen Memorial Historic Cemetery is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the restoration and preservation of the historic portion of Riverside’s first cemetery. Evergreen is the last resting place of many of the city’s founders.
Our goal is to raise $3 million for a fund to transform the neglected landscape of Riverside’s oldest cemetery and preserve it as a significant cultural and historic resource for the community.
Much has been accomplished, but much remains to be done. You can support Evergreen with a tax-free donation, a gift in-kind, or by volunteering.
Raised to Date:
- $1.8 million
- $700,000 has been spent on restoring the site
- $1.1 million has been designated for the fund for perpetual care of the historic portion of the cemetery
Accomplished to Date:
- Incorporation as a California Not-for Profit Corporation
- Attractive wrought iron fence installed
- Headstones repaired
- Curbs and gutters installed
- State of the art irrigation system installed
- Streetlights installed
- Monumental gates constructed
- Tilden-Coil Constructors Plaza completed
- Donor recognition constructed
- Planting design completed
- Future fund established, but not fully funded
- Benches designed and created
Still to Be Done:
- Future fully funded
- Restore 4-acre portion of the site surrounding the Riverside Mausoleum