Edward E Miller
In 1886, Edward Miller established the Glenwood Stables on Main Street at Sixth Street in Riverside. While Ed’s main work was as head liveryman for the Glenwood Hotel, owned by his brother, Frank Miller, he also provided transportation for the growing city as a whole. The stables had two “tally ho” carriages, each able to carry 14 passengers. Ed drove the hotel stage to meet passengers arriving at the Southern Pacific Railroad station in Colton.
In 1906, when Frank acquired automobiles for the hotel, renamed the Mission Inn after an extensive renovation in 1902-1903, Ed was in charge of the “auto ride” business.