Daughter of Riverside’s celebrated architect G. Stanley Wilson, Mabyl Elizabeth followed in her father’s footsteps, studying architecture. She attended the University of California, Berkeley, and worked in her father’s office with her brothers, Harry and Ernest.
She grew up in the bungalow her father designed and built for the Wilson family in 1915. In 1926, he added a second story for his growing family. The next year, Wilson started a project for himself and in 1928, he opened the Casa de Anza Hotel next door to the family home, inspired by the success of the Mission Inn, owned by his client Frank Miller.
After World War II, the original house was removed to add a swimming pool, additional rooms, and parking for Casa de Anza guests. G. Stanley Wilson lived at Casa de Anza until his death from a heart attack in 1958.