Left: Dr. Edward H. Wood. Right: The Ames-Westbrook House.

Edward H Wood

Riverside‚Äôs Wood Streets neighborhood began its existence in 1910, when Dr. Edward H. Wood subdivided his large property on Homewood Court. Dr. Wood owned the historic 1888 Ames-Westbrook House, located on the corner of Brockton Avenue and Homewood Court, where he also had his medical practice. Dr. Wood was born in Hartlepool, England in 1870 […]