William Judson House
Judson House came to Riverside in 1881. When Riverside County was created in 1893, House became a member of the first County Horticultural Commission and later served as chairman. For three years, he also worked as a tree inspector for the Commission.
House owned 95 acres in Rubidoux, where he farmed apricots and peaches. In 1895, The Daily Press acknowledged his expertise saying, “From three acres of apricots, Judson House has secured nearly five tons of dried fruit this season. He has sold the crop for $1470, an average of nearly $500 an acre.” Judson also established and supervised stone fruit orchards and citrus groves for non-resident owners and bought and shipped fruit, becoming the manager for A. Gregory, a well-known California shipper.